The Gekko team has met their deadline! In only six weeks since the agreement was signed with the
Victorian Government, the GeVentor project team has achieved its goal of developing a ventilator.
The team has achieved the following project outcomes:
- Develop a prototype
- Demonstrate its feasability
- Complete product testing
- Identitify pathway for regulatory approval
- Develop a manufacturing strategy to be able to produce significant product volumes for a reasonable price within a short lead time if required.
What have we achieved during this 6- week period?
- Identified and formed a highly skilled collaborative team
- Developed a fit for purpose ventilator
- Manufactured total of 10 prototypes which have extensively been tested
- Developed a full Bill of Materials (BOM) with as much as possible locally supplied components
- Extensive documentation
- Developed plans for production if we receive permission and sufficient demand.